Monday, September 24, 2007

A lot of nothing

My wife informs me that I have a lot to blog about but I really can't think of anything at the moment. It's been a long time since I blogged last and things have been happening so here is a recap. I got a chance to go to Virginia for a week for work and play. I met new people and learned new things about the lumber business which nearly all of the population does not find as interesting as I do so I won't go into that. The Sunday that I was in Washington D.C. was a great day. I did the rush tour of the capitol mall area and had seen nearly all the museums and monuments by 2 p.m. Without my wife it was difficult to really enjoy it. I now find it selfish to see new things by myself; it sounds wierd but its true. The best thing was seeing the Lincoln Memorial, the building, the statue, the engraved excerpts of famous speeches, all of it was enough to bring an overwhelming sense of national pride through me.
During the week I was in D.C. I got to stay in a beautiful house all by myself; I also got a vehicle of my own to use all week and to drive down to Wilmington, NC to see my cousin for the first time in ten years. A big deal since we were like brothers before he moved away from North Bend. North Carolina is disgustingly humid, who's with me? I've got to go to work now so to all those who will read this... I plan to continue this blog soon.

No comments: