Friday, February 9, 2007

Quarter of a Century Old

My wife recently purchased some books with her Barnes & Noble gift card, of which there is a book entitled An owners manual to the Brain. I don't know if this was some kind of humorous dig at my apparent absentmindedness sometimes or some interesting academic literature. Anyway, it makes a good bathroom read. I was reading this book today and there was a section about personality changes over time and how age plays a role in personality. There are significant marks in one's lifetime that help to change their personality such as working full time, getting married, living alone, having children, etc... I've reached a place in my life where I am pretty adult and I feel it every time I go to bed at 8:30, every time I feel like soaking my feet after work, and when the television and the music is getting too loud. This last point is what has me reeling. I like loud music, but for some reason there are times when it is just too loud for this grumpy old man. I would like to clarify that I am not complaining, I am just thinking introspectively about my youth in contrast with life as it is now. Imagine what life will be like in 30 years...

No comments: