Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've been repeatedly astounded at the spending that goes into a religious institution. My wife and I live across the street from the Apostolic Faith Church in Portland and they own three pieces of property which line both sides of duke street from 52nd Ave. to 56th Ave. Across 52nd Ave there is the Apostolic Faith Headquarters. The church building where services are held is a monument to the kind of over the top structures that religious institiutions believe are necessary in order for numbers to grow. The church is taking over the community and building RV parking at the back of the bible camp. I've lived in this community for over a year and I have never met anyone from that church. I wonder if they even care what their neighbors think about them... Oh well, it doesn't really matter that much to me, I was just considering the churches role in the distribution of wealth and what scripture might have to say about it.

No comments: