Thursday, November 15, 2007

daily ritual

I am a bus rider... in Portland this puts me in a position to witness a cacophony of strange things and perplexing events. Most people are normal and just try to get from one place to another without being harassed. Others are sometimes the ones doing the harassing. Every morning I catch the same bus and see many of the same people; the older lady with her cup of coffee, the group of junior high students going to school, the smelly older gentleman who gets off at the MAX train station, and the security guard who gets on there. They are my community in a very real sense but I know little to nothing about them. I can only assume. This is how a large portion of my day is spent, observing the populus and fabricating the backstory of others lives. Perhaps they do the same to me, perhaps they don't care at all. I feel as though I should be writing a novel about the rediculous lives of fiction that I create. Maybe I will find the time, make the time, and sit down and be inspired.

No comments: