Monday, October 29, 2007

time keeps on slippin' into the future...

As I get older it would appear that holidays hold less importance than they did before. This year Halloween is apparently going to slip by me without even letting me know that it had showed up in the first place. The wife and I have been so busy that we neglected to get pumpkins to carve. I've definately decided that we are too old to go trick or treating. Not that we did such things even a couple of years ago. But we did go Trick-or-canning. Instead of collecting candy for ourselves we decided in college to dress up in costume and collect canned food for the Portland Rescue Mission, and perhaps obtain some candy at the same time. We had oodles of fun and felt good about it. But, alas! We are getting up in years and cannot walk around in the bitter cold so I petition those who read this blog, as few of you as may be, to encourage young ones to take the opportunity of going door to door to do something noble and good. Regretably, Jessica and I were not able to go to TLC this year because she felt ill. Our food donation will have to go through other channels; perhaps a young person will visit my door on halloween to collect it.
And the big news with us is that we got each other our Christmas presents already. We each have a Garmin Rino GPS/2-way Radio so we can go Geo-caching as much as we like. And hopefully not get lost in the process. We're big nerds.

No comments: